Ontario Library Service Download Centre eBooks and Audio Books
Download ebooks and audio books for your computer, eReader, MP3 player or iPod from home or anywhere using your Library card.
This easy to use service is free and available 24/7. You can enjoy best-selling and classic ebooks and audiobooks on your PC or MAC, transfer titles to your personal reader or player, and burn a CD to listen in your car. Titles are automatically returned at the end of the lending period so there are no late fees!
Click here for OverDrive Help
TumbleTalkingBooks allows you to listen to or download your favorite audio books with just a click of a button. Listen online, bookmark your spot, or download the book and access your books offline at your convenience.
You can download the books to any PC/MAC laptop, notebook, desktop, and to Android tablets. Downloads are for a 90-day loan period and you may borrow as many books at the same time as you like!
You will first have to download the free TumblePad 2.0 reading software.
Please note: TumbleTalkingBooks cannot be downloaded to iPods, mp3 players or copied to a CD.
Read-Alongs highlight the sentences as they are being read, turn the page automatically, and offer the ability to follow along in 3 text sizes. They also include an innovative bookmarking feature and the ability to switch to manual in order to read at your own speed. The collection features picture books, early readers, chapter books, junior fiction, YA/teen novels, classics and Shakespeare.
Read-Alongs are great for emergent, struggling, and reluctant readers, and are an excellent tool for ESL students. Read-Alongs will also appeal to accomplished readers who are excited to follow along to the narration of their favorite books.
If you have any questions you can contact Library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.885.4712.
Centre for Equitable Library Access Collection
Port Hope Public Library offers access to a collection of over 230,000 books, magazines, newspapers and described videos in a choice of formats for people with a print disability.
- Lots of choice including current bestsellers, award-winners and classics
- Fiction, non-fiction, self-help, business and more
- Books for kids, teens and adults
- Books in audio, braille or accessible e-book formats
- Download books or receive home delivery by mail
Access to the CELA collection is available to people who are unable to read conventional print due to a disability, which includes:
- Learning disability: an impairment relating to comprehension
- Physical disability: the inability to hold or manipulate a book
- Visual disability: severe or total impairment of sight or the inability to focus or move one's eyes.
How to sign up for CELA
Contact the Library to begin the registration process for access to CELA services. Access to the collection is offered in a number of ways:
- Download books to your computer or mobile device, such as an iPhone
- Download books to a DAISY player over a wireless connection without using a computer
- Receive audio CDs, Braille or described movies through your local branch or by mail directly to your home.
The CELA website can be found at: www.celalibrary.ca