Ontario Library Service Download Centre eBooks and Audio Books
Download ebooks and audio books for your computer, eReader, MP3 player or iPod from home or anywhere using your Library card.
This easy to use service is free and available 24/7. You can enjoy best-selling and classic ebooks and audiobooks on your PC or MAC, transfer titles to your personal reader or player, and burn a CD to listen in your car. Titles are automatically returned at the end of the lending period so there are no late fees!
Click here for OverDrive Help
If you have any questions you can contact Library staff at email@example.com or 905.885.4712.
Centre for Equitable Library Access Collection
Port Hope Public Library offers access to a collection of over 230,000 books, magazines, newspapers and described videos in a choice of formats for people with a print disability.
- Lots of choice including current bestsellers, award-winners and classics
- Fiction, non-fiction, self-help, business and more
- Books for kids, teens and adults
- Books in audio, braille or accessible e-book formats
- Download books or receive home delivery by mail
Access to the CELA collection is available to people who are unable to read conventional print due to a disability, which includes:
- Learning disability: an impairment relating to comprehension
- Physical disability: the inability to hold or manipulate a book
- Visual disability: severe or total impairment of sight or the inability to focus or move one's eyes.
How to sign up for CELA
Contact the Library to begin the registration process for access to CELA services. Access to the collection is offered in a number of ways:
- Download books to your computer or mobile device, such as an iPhone
- Download books to a DAISY player over a wireless connection without using a computer
- Receive audio CDs, Braille or described movies through your local branch or by mail directly to your home.
The CELA website can be found at: www.celalibrary.ca