The Port Hope Public Library has two loan periods - 3 weeks and 7 days - to ensure that as many patrons as possible have a chance to borrow high-demand items quickly.
What you may borrow:
- Audio books
- Music CDs
- Children’s audio book packages
- Interlibrary loans from other libraries and institutions
The loan period for all material is 3 weeks except:
- 7 day loans (new bestsellers); renewable for one week only
- DVDs; renewable for one week only
- Interlibrary loans, which may be given a shorter loan period by the lending library; not renewable
Going away for more than 3 weeks?
Ask for an extended loan period when you check out your items at the Circulation Desk.
Not for extended holiday loan
You may place a hold:
- in person, at either branch;
- by telephone at 905.885.4712;
- by accessing your account through the Library Catalogue.
We will telephone you to let you know when the item is available for you to pick up. If you need the material by a specific time or date, please confirm your request by telephone so that staff may check availability for you.