Early Learning Station
With its tiny mouse and colourful keyboard the Library’s Early Learning Station is perfect for beginning computer users.
The Early Learning Station:
- has educational software packages aimed at children from preschool to grade 4/5;
- offers 30-minute sessions;
- includes headphones;
- is available on a drop-in basis only.
Your child can:
- read along with the Cat in the Hat;
- explore simple math concepts at Millie’s House;
- visit a library in Between the Lions
- and much, much more.
Drop in with and let your little one try the Early Learning Station today!
Centre for Equitable Library Access Collection
Port Hope Public Library offers access to a collection of over 230,000 books, magazines, newspapers and described videos in a choice of formats for people with a print disability.
- Lots of choice including current bestsellers, award-winners and classics
- Fiction, non-fiction, self-help, business and more
- Books for kids, teens and adults
- Books in audio, braille or accessible e-book formats
- Download books or receive home delivery by mail
Access to the CELA collection is available to people who are unable to read conventional print due to a disability, which includes:
- Learning disability: an impairment relating to comprehension
- Physical disability: the inability to hold or manipulate a book
- Visual disability: severe or total impairment of sight or the inability to focus or move one's eyes.
How to sign up for CELA
Contact the Library to begin the registration process for access to CELA services. Access to the collection is offered in a number of ways:
- Download books to your computer or mobile device, such as an iPhone
- Download books to a DAISY player over a wireless connection without using a computer
- Receive audio CDs, Braille or described movies through your local branch or by mail directly to your home.
The CELA website can be found at: www.celalibrary.ca