Welcome to TumbleBook Library
TumbleBook Library is a fun and interactive library of animated, talking story books for preschoolers, beginner readers and older independent readers. Read along and listen, or read on your own. TumbleBooks are created by taking existing story books, adding animation, sound, music and narration to produce an electronic story book. TumbleBooks will help teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love!
- Story Books – entertaining and amusing picture story books to listen to, or read on your own.
Tumble Readers – large print “Read-On-Your-Own” story, chapter and teen books.
Life Learning – books that teach kids about important social and health issues in a fun, educational manner.
Puzzles & Games – jigsaw puzzles, word fun, memory games and more to play after reading a book!
Language Learning – read a growing collection of Spanish, French, Russian and Chinese original story books, or translations of English story books.
Audio Books – listen to tales of Aesop’s, fairy tales, and classics such as Black Beauty, Winnie-the-Pooh and more.
Index – A-Z listing of the all story books in the TumbleBook Library.
TumbleBook Library reading tips:
- Select a Story Book.
- Click on “View Online” button.
- When the TumbleBook has downloaded, choose either
- Automatic mode –the story book is narrated and the pages will turn by themselves.
- Manual mode –the story book narration is turned off so you read the story book at your own pace, and you get to turn the pages.
- The Pause Button will stop the story at any time. A reader may practice narrative skills, letter knowledge, interpret illustrations, learn new vocabulary words, and more.
- TumblePad Word Helper allows a reader to click on a sentence in a story book to hear the sentence repeated, or click on a vocabulary word to hear the word sounded out. Word Helper works best in manual mode.
- Flash Plug-In required. TumbleBooks is created in Flash animation and require a Flash plug-in to view and hear the animation. Many computers today already are equipped with Flash. In you are not able to view the books, please download the Flash Plug-in for FREE at www.macromedia.com/downloads
TumbleTalkingBooks allows you to listen to or download your favorite audio books with just a click of a button. Listen online, bookmark your spot, or download the book and access your books offline at your convenience.
You can download the books to any PC/MAC laptop, notebook, desktop, and to Android tablets. Downloads are for a 90-day loan period and you may borrow as many books at the same time as you like!
You will first have to download the free TumblePad 2.0 reading software.
Please note: TumbleTalkingBooks cannot be downloaded to iPods, mp3 players or copied to a CD.
Ontario Library Service Download Centre eBooks and Audio Books
Download ebooks and audio books for your computer, eReader, MP3 player or iPod from home or anywhere using your Library card.
This easy to use service is free and available 24/7. You can enjoy best-selling and classic ebooks and audiobooks on your PC or MAC, transfer titles to your personal reader or player, and burn a CD to listen in your car. Titles are automatically returned at the end of the lending period so there are no late fees!